Project Ten Pan: Like Project Runway Cept not with Clothes or Designers.
In case you don't know Project Ten Pan is a "movement" circulating at the moment on youtube. I know; it sounds like some weird local council recycling project and should actually be called "Using up your old shit before you spend anymore money on stuff you have no room for project". What it entails exactly is you using up Ten beauty products before you are allowed to buy anything new. At first I was like nahhhh, not for me thanks. I am definitely a spender and have no self control when it comes to buying new things, but when I took a look at my latest bank statement and saw the link between my lack of moolah and my five newest eye shadows I thought to myself, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T YOU KNOW THERE IS A FINANCIAL CRISIS? YOU DON'T NEED TEN DIFFERENT FACE SCRUBS. Also that and my Studio Fix Powder smashed on the ground and I sneakily thought, hey that's one down already.
So I thought as these are obviously products I've used a lot I'd let you know what I thought about them.
So the two items I have already used up are:
1. MAC Studio Fix Powder: I've been using this stuff since I was about 15. I've tried other powders but I always come back to this. It is a medium coverage but is quite buildable. Use lightly though as it can look cakey.
2. MAC Studio Fix Fluid: I have been through about 10 bottles of this but I always come back to it. It is a medium (but again buildable) coverage liquid foundation with SPF 15. It's easy to blend and has a dewy finish. I always set it with MAC Invisible Set Powder Pro to matte it down and make it stay alllll day.
Items that I think will be next to go"
3. MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper: This was the first eyeshadow I bought in pan form and is a beautiful frosty neutral gold. You can use it as a highlighter or all over the lid as a wash. Universally flattering and a definite staple for me. I would have used it up already but in winter I tend to reach more for Matte colours and have been using MAC's Brule as a highlighter/ all over colour more often.
4. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara
This was the first plastic brush mascara I ever used. I think it really delivers on it's claims (which are funnily enough to define your lashes) but it doesn't give much volume or curl and is something you'd wear if you wanted to go for a more subtle lash look.
5. Lancome Hypnosse Mascara
I bought this on a recommendation from a friend and I loved it at the time. It gives nice volume which holds all day but after using Virtuosse (which is essentially the same but gives more curl) I found I preferred that. I wouldn't buy this again but it was good at the time.
6. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack.
Standard black gel eyeliner. Takes agggggeeess to use up because you only need a tiny bit but I'm getting there. I'd repurchase for sure but I'm using the Bobbi Brown one at the moment so probably wont need to for awhile.
7. MAC Dazzleglass in Bare Necessity
This was my favourite of the dazzleglasses, it is a peach with gold shimmer and is PRETTY. It's almost done but I avoided using it up at the time because I thought they wouldn't repromote it, however it's being made permanent.
8. MAC Dazzleglass in Sugarrimmed
Same as above really except the colour is a bit more neutral.
9. NARS Pressed Iridescent Powder in Macchu Pichu
This is a beautiful light gold shimmery powder that can be used all over the face for a nice glow, or as a highlighter on certain areas of the face or decolletage. I've hit pan on it but it still has a little bit to go. This was limited edition so you might not be able to find it, and again probably why I avoided using it.
10. Philosophy Hope in A Jar Moisturiser
I got a free sample of this last year from Sephora and fell in love with it. I bought it again from MECCA Cosmetica in December. I HATE the smell (fly spray and lavender) but I'm in love with the product and use it every night. I'm hanging out to try a new moisturiser though so I cant WAIT till this is done.
So that's it.
Are you doing project ten pan?
If yes, are you making progress?
If no, why not?
Let me know in the comments!
Stay posted for a Project Ten Pan update in the future!