Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Well I'm about to tell you about one of those trends that you should NOT give a go, even if you see a model wearing it on Oxford St and it looks pretty rad on her.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
OPI's Chip Skip
I know you might think your chipped red nail polish makes you look cool and edgy but I'm going to be honest with you, because I care, It doesn't. It makes you look like a streetwalker.
To keep my nail polish chip free I use Chip Skip. It comes in a regular nail polish bottle but the actual brush is miniature and stiff. I think because the product itself is far more fluid than a regular nail polish a regular brush wouldn't work.
You use this before your base coat as it dries out your nail bed and allows the polish to stay put. It also helps prevent your nail beds produce oil which is what loosens the nail polish from your nail and lets the nail polish really soak in.
It'll cost you about 20 australian bones where OPI nail polish is sold. I got mine from David Jones which has a pretty stellar nail polish collection. While your there grab OPI's Mod About You as well. It's my all time favourite shade, a glorious creamy pastel pink with a hint of lilac. Delish. My Mum loves I'm not really a Waitress which is a deep burghundyish red. Perfect for your pedi's.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
- When you apply your makeup it's best to start with a clean canvas which means washing your face. Don't take the easy way out and start with a makeup removing wipe. They leave a creamy residue that will resist makeup. Think of it like applying nail polish over nail polish remover. Doesn't sound good does it?
- Late nights + early mornings = death. For an instant perk up keep your eye cream in the fridge or freezer to relieve tired and puffy eyes.
- A moisturiser will have more effect if you use it on slightly wet skin. It locks in the moisture from the water giving you an added boost.
- Regular eyelash curler not doing the trick? Blast it with your hairdryer for 5 seconds and then curl your lashes for mega curl (please test the heat on the underside of your arm first in case its too hot!)
- Want to get the most out of your mascara? Don't pump your wand in the tube, it's less hygenic because it lets in excess air and bacteria that can dry out your mascara. Instead twirl the wand in the tube.
Monday, April 27, 2009
I have always been a fan of Urban Decay Primer Potion. I find that there is nothing that compares to it for eyeshadow priming. Paints, paintpots, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Laura Mercier Eye bases, cream shadows, nothing compares. However the one problem I have always had with UDPP (and many others have shared) is that while the packaging is cute it's shaped in a way that you cant actually reach all the product forcing you to cut it open and scoop out all that left behind UDPP if you really want to use all your product.
The Makeup Obsessed have ranted about this for years and finally it seems Urban Decay has answered our calls creating a new slanted wand that allows you to get into the nooks and crannies of your Primer Potion and curing the dilema once and for all. Urban Decay, we salute you!
The Chanel Precision Cleansing Milk. You apply it like a normal cleanser but it is more the consistency of a light moisturiser. You can either massage it all the way into your skin or you can rinse it off (I reccomend rinsing if you are using this to help take of makeup). I have noticed a huge difference. My skin feels less congested and tight and much smoother. It is a little bit exspensive for a cleanser but you get SO much of it and who can really put a price on a good cleanser? It cost me about $50 australian dollars which is more expensive than drugstore but in terms of high end skincare its actually on the cheaper side.
I want to keep using this before I tell you wether or not I would repurchase and give my final rating but I promise, no Chanel in the next post!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
If your travelling this spring/summer and will be in an airport your in luck! MAC are releasing an airport exclusive collection filled with palettes for the eyes, lips and cheeks!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
So I'm sure you have all noticed the ridiculous amount of blog posts and youtube videos about Lush. Well I decided it was time for me to put in my 2cents.
Monday, March 23, 2009
I recently attended a NARS even with international celebrity artist for NARS Bret Boreman. Bret was so lovely and kind and picked all my colours and they were applied by one of MECCA's senior artists who was also very lovely.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
My little sister and I went to the Hello Kitty Preview Party last night and had all kinds of fun!